Atramat Plus, innovation in antibacterial sutures
The risk of surgical site infection is a constant challenge in wound closure with surgical sutures.
By using sutures with an antibacterial coating the risk of infection is considerably reduced, as has been shown in studies carried out with Atramat® Plus sutures:
- These sutures are coated with Chlorhexidine Diacetate, a broad spectrum anti-sceptic that inhibits the growth of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and acts as a fungicide against yeasts and dermatophytes.
- In vitro tests have shown that Atramat® antibacterial Plus sutures create a surrounding halo which inhibits the growth of the following pathogens:
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Escherichia coli,
The Chlorhexidine Diacetate antibacterial coating contributes to the increased effectiveness of the wound closure and therefore to patient safety.
Atramat® Plus sutures provide the performance and handling that surgeons expect from all Atramat® sutures, and now with the added advantage of antibacterial protection, they also reduce the risk of surgical site infection.
Our Plus Sutures Families
PGLA90 PLUS | PGC25 | PDX PLUS
Surgical Specialities for Atramat Plus
- Plastic, Aesthetic and reconstructive
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Endoscopic surgery
- Dental and Maxillofacial